It was pretty funny last spring when almost every day someone went into our boss' office to tell her she was pregnant. Yolanda took it pretty well (at least when she was in our presence).
But it has been very comforting to have women that are going through the same thing. Like when Sarah came to work freaked out because her gums were bleeding ("Not to worry, that's a pregnancy thing," Susannah told us). Or when I was afraid I was miscarrying in the first trimester because my boobs weren't sore anymore ("Don't worry, mine stopped hurting about two weeks ago," Sarah reassured me).
Here is a picture of us a while ago, I don't remember exactly when, probably sometime in July (me, Sarah, Susannah):

And now we are winding down. Sarah has decided to quit and focus on her pregnancy and baby (yes, I'm a little jealous), and tomorrow is her last day. Susannah is set to go out on her scheduled maternity leave in a week. We took another picture on the last day we are all in the office together (Sarah, me, Susannah):

We also had four weddings in our department this year, so I might not be the only pregnant one in the office for long...
No comments:
Post a Comment