Sunday, November 16, 2008

More crazy symptoms

It was always amusing to me the way anytime anything ails you when you are in Colorado, it is blamed on the altitude. Headaches, stomachaches, fatigue, depression -- the altitude can cause any of these things, or so the locals say.

Pregnancy is kind of the same. Stuffy nose, bleeding gums, heartburn, insomnia -- all blamed on pregnancy.

For the last week or so, my feet have been horribly itchy. Like, take off my shoes at work and use my letter opener to offer some relief itchy (my apologies to my officemate Peter!). I have heard of itchy stomach while pregnant, but not itchy feet. Could this be another pregnancy symptom? Or maybe just athlete's foot? (Not that I've been what you can call an athlete in about, oh, eight months.)

But I googled it, and apparently this is a somewhat common pregnancy symptom! Due to increased levels of estrogen or something. Some women get itchy palms too. No good remedies offered for it though -- just moisturizer and oatmeal baths. But at least I won't have to pull out the Tough Actin' Tinactin.

No comments: