I am so sorry I have been so bad at keeping this blog updated! This "vacation" is not as relaxing as a vacation should be! Here are some updates:
So the due date has now come and gone! (Only 5% of babies are actually born on their due date.) Kevin is getting VERY anxious. I am still content to keep it in there a little bit longer, but at this point, I am ready whenever the baby is ready! Thanks to everyone for all the calls and emails. We are so flattered that you have been thinking about us this week. Sorry I have been slow at responding -- we will definitely keep you all posted when there is news to share!
I had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday. I am a little over two cm dilated. Don't get too excited -- I have been two cm dilated for over two weeks! My doctor said it doesn't mean much, just that I have a little head start. That's okay, I will take a head start! (Of course, when I was first two cm dilated during an appointment before I had stopped working, I told my officemate that it meant I was probably going to have the baby in the next six hours. Just to freak him out a bit. It worked.)
When she was feeling my belly on Tuesday, the doctor said, "Hmmm, I think you are having a contraction right now." I didn't feel a thing! This childbirth process is going to be a breeze! But Dr. Pastore put an end to that fantasy quickly. "Oh, you'll be feeling it soon!" she assured me.
I made another appointment for Monday the 22nd, if the baby hasn't come yet. If I make it that far, I will be induced on Monday or Tuesday. So we will definitely have a baby by Christmas, which is exciting!
Also, I realized I never made an update about the size of the baby. At my last sonogram (at 38 weeks), the growth had tapered off to about the 80th percentile. That sounds much more manageable than 96th! So if I was to have the baby on my due date, it would be just under nine pounds. And it looks like I won't need a c-section, which is great news!
As for how I am feeling, I really still feel great! At the doctor's office, we encountered a woman whose due date is a week after mine. "This baby needs to get the hell out of here!" she complained. I was just like, "Hmmm, I don't feel that way at all!"
Winnie the Pooh
-
Elizabeth had her first movie theater experience today. We went with her
friend, Grace. I think they both enjoyed it, but who wouldn't love an hour
of tv a...
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment