You have probably all heard complaints about Generation Y and its sense of entitlement. These are the kids coming out of college demanding six-figure salaries (even in a recession) and generally just thinking they deserve more than anyone else.
Some speculate this generation behaves like this because of the never-ending praise their doting parents bestowed upon them as they were growing up.
Hmmm. A sample of the things I say to Alex on a daily (hourly? minutely?) basis:
"You are the cutest baby ever!"
"How was I lucky enough to get such a perfect baby?"
"You are Mommy's special boy!"
"You are the most beautiful boy I have ever seen!"
"You are so smart!"
"Mommy loves you so much, and you are perfect!"
I can only imagine what Alex's future bosses will think. Wait, what am I talking about? Alex is never going to have a boss! I mean, have you met him? He's so smart, he won't have to work for anyone else! And if his intelligence didn't get him where he needs to go, his good looks will!
Winnie the Pooh
-
Elizabeth had her first movie theater experience today. We went with her
friend, Grace. I think they both enjoyed it, but who wouldn't love an hour
of tv a...
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment