So as a pregnant woman, you have to put up with a lot of obnoxious comments from people -- most of them people you don't even know that well. "Was it planned?" ("Yes, but that's really none of your business..."); "You just got married -- you guys move fast!" ("Thanks, we've been together almost seven years..."), etc. You get the idea.
But yesterday I really got a double whopper. I ran into a secretary at work that I haven't seen since the beginning of summer.
Her: Wow! I didn't know you were pregnant! You look like you're due any day now!
Me: Actually, I'm not due until December -- more than three months to go!
She should have taken this as her clue that she was skating on thin (pun intended) ice. But she didn't.
Her: Oh...well, are you having twins?
Me: No, just one baby.
And she didn't stop there.
Her: Are you sure? You're really big!
I am growing a person inside of me -- can you please cut me a bit of slack?
Winnie the Pooh
-
Elizabeth had her first movie theater experience today. We went with her
friend, Grace. I think they both enjoyed it, but who wouldn't love an hour
of tv a...
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment